Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Big Three: Inaugural Edition

I've noticed lots of other blogs that feature weekly lists: favorite music of the moment, neat DIY projects, cool websites, and the like. (The Saturday Seven over at Positively Splendid and Sweet Green Tangerine's Fill in the Blank Friday posts come to mind.) I thought it would be neat to do something similar, but I don't think I can come up with seven new things every week. Instead, I'm introducing The Big Three! This week I've featuring three awesome purchases I've made in the last couple of weeks. No buyer's remorse here.


#1: Bobble Water Bottles

 The Bobble is probably the coolest water bottle I've ever seen. Of course it has the green thing going for it, but even better... it has a filter! It's like having a portable Brita in your bag at all times! Kenny bought his from Target, and I actually used the LetsGoGreen.biz deal that I mentioned here to buy mine.
We have the one liter sized Bobbles, but they're also available in the smaller 13 oz and 18.5 oz sizes. Replacement filters are also available.





#2: NUK Active Cups

We've finally found a sippy that Wyatt likes! Honestly, we probably should have started here anyway; we used NUK bottles, so why not NUK sippy cups? But, you live and learn. This is one of the few cups that I've found to be truly "leak proof," it's large enough to hold a good amount of liquid, and the parts are easy to clean. 

NUK has finally come out with replacement spouts for these as well, which means you don't have to buy an all-new cup every time you need a new spout. And, the parts are interchangeable with other NUK products.

Plus it has a pirate, and who doesn't like pirates?




#3: Eric Carle at Kohl's Stores

We're all familiar with The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and you probably know lots of other Eric Carle books as well. I grew up reading them, and this book was one of the first that I bought for Wyatt. Right now, Kohl's stores are featuring Eric Carle books and plushes for $5 each as part of their Kohl's Cares program. 100% of net profits from the books and plushes goes to support kids' health and education initiatives around the country.

The books featured are The Very Hungry Caterpillar, The Foolish Tortoise, The Mixed-Up Chameleon, and The Grouchy Ladybug.

So, there's this week's Big Three! What awesome stuff have you bought this week?

- Mother Nature Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Fan Mail Here