Tuesday, January 25, 2011

No-Heat-Required Bento

(Sorry for the less than stellar picture. I managed to snap just one before my camera battery died!) 

A bagel with thinly sliced chicken, lettuce, and red pepper hummus. An "apple" made from red sweet pepper, chicken, and sesame seeds for garnish.
More of the hummus on the side with strips of orange and yellow sweet pepper.
Mung bean sprouts sauteed in a little sesame oil, with pepper and sesame salt to taste.
Grapes and a baby gala apple for dessert.
I know, I know. Just the word "mung" is enough to make the sprouts sound completely unappetizing. They're not though, I promise!

This is a great bento to eat a room temperature, which is how bento lunches are traditionally eaten. I have access to a microwave both at work and school, but I think it's easier to plan and prepare a bento knowing you won't have to use one. Of course, if the weather stays rainy for the rest of the week, I may be rethinking that sentiment...
I also hope this bento will keep me going until I get home. The bentos I've been packing as of late have been filling at the time, but I'm starving by the time I get home around 6:00. I may start bringing a snack as well.
Hope everyone enjoyed their lunch as much as I did!

- Mother Nature Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Fan Mail Here