Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

I know, I know. Everyone makes New Year's resolutions, and I'm sure a select group out there actually manage to keep them all year long. But if you're like me, you stick to your guns for a month or two (if that) before kicking your resolutions to the curb. Not this year. I'm determined to be a better mom, a better student, and a better housedomesticpartner. (Can't really say I'm a housewife, now can I?) Of course, this means making resolutions that are practical and within reach.

1. I will be more organized.


Organization goes a looong way in helping cope with stressful schedules. I always buy an organizer near the beginning of the year and lose it sometime in March or April. This year, I bought an eco-friendly planner in bright green. Maybe the Earth-friendly part will encourage me to use it more, and maybe the color will help me keep up with it. This is absolutely essential for school. No more writing down reminders and dates all over my notes!

2. I will take better care of Mother Earth by using homemade products.


Along with buying eco-friendly products, I hope to make a few of my own. I want to start making my own cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, and of course, more baby food. (Remember when this blog was all about making homemade baby food? Yeah, me either.) My friend Sarah has a great recipe for homemade laundry detergent on her blog. It's cheaper than the commercial stuff, which is loaded down with chemicals, and is so much better for the environment. Of course, all of this takes up time, which is where the organization part comes in again. ;)

3. I will be more conscious of my health.


Since having Wyatt, I've always put his health and well-being before my own. There's nothing wrong with that, but I definitely think it's time to look after myself a little more often (i.e. time to lose the baby weight). I plan on bento-ing more often, eating less junk, and exercising. I can't remember the last time I exercised, honestly. Even walking around my parents' neighborhood a couple of times a week will be better than nothing. Plus, Wyatt loves to go for walks. And if I'm healthy, I'll be better able to take care of my family.

So, there are my three New Year's resolutions. Nothing too extravagant or out-of-reach. And since I've posted it here on my blog, you all can hold me accountable, right?

- Mother Nature Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Fan Mail Here