Thursday, August 12, 2010

Under the weather... and Wyatt's 6-month birthday!

Hi everybody! I know I haven't blogged in a hot minute. I've been feeling pretty under the weather for the last few days. I'm prone to sinus infections at any time of the year, but I thought I'd already gotten mine out of the way until winter. Apparently not. The last time I had a sinus infection was back in January, when I was still pregnant with Little Man. Being sick in any capacity is never fun, but I think it's worst when pregnant and taking medication to alleviate the symptoms is a no-no. Ah well, life goes on.

While I was on hiatus, Wyatt had his half-birthday!

He turned six-months-old on August 10th. It's really strange - it makes me so happy and sad at the same time. It's wonderful seeing him grow and learn new things (everyday, it seems), but at the same time, I still remember that little baby we brought home from the hospital (in the snow!)

Life is about to become a lot more hectic and stressful around the Hughes/Ward residence. I start Fall semester at GC&SU next Tuesday (the 17th) and will be away from home pretty much all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm not looking forward to it. I know it's for the best and I'm so close to finishing my degree, but there's not a single bit of me that doesn't want to stay at home and play with Wyatt. (Well, maybe a teeny tiny bit. Mommies need breaks, too!)

Since I'm still not feeling well, I'm going to blog about what this blog was supposed to be about later. (Say that three times fast...) My next few blogs will include, but not be limited to, baby food in transit (i.e., how to take homemade baby food on the go), bento lunches (oops, my otaku is showing...), and making green beans for Little Man! I also plan on including big people recipes soon.

See you then!
-Mother Nature Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Fan Mail Here