Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wyatt Baby Reads Books

I'm a sucker for a good deal - groceries, clothes, books, anything - so I love it when I find good sales on baby stuff. Wyatt's growing out of his clothes so fast that it causes me physical pain to pay full price for an outfit, and while he still likes most of his toys, the day will come when he will outgrow them. (I'll probably cry when he's finished with his Eric Carle Stack-able Very Hungry Caterpillar.)

I'm pretty good at discovering awesome finds on sale racks and in clearance sections. Kenny and I have hit up Old Navy a couple of times in the past month or so, and we always find cute shirts or onesies on sale. Of course, most of the clearance clothes are off-season, but Little Man is already wearing some 9-12 month clothes, which broadens our finds a little bit.

My favorite clearance finds at Old Navy, however, aren't clothes. I've managed to score three books from the Urban Babies Wear Black series, which are whimsical little board books with a wry sense of humor. (For instance, in Winter Babies Wear Layers, the line "Winter babies are angels" is accompanied by an illustration of a baby making a snow angel... and pitching a fit. Rocker Babies Wear Jeans features a baby eating strawberry jam while wearing a Rolling Stones t-shirt. What's the line? "Rocker babies do jam sessions," of course. ) On two separate occasions, I've run across this book series on sale for less than $2 a book. And while I think they're absolutely adorable, the real test is if Wyatt likes them.


Oh yeah.

Of all the books we've gotten, these are probably my favorites to read, and the illustrations are absolutely priceless. And hey, the price was right.

- Mother Nature Mom

PS - Wyatt is "reading" Eco Babies Wear Green. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Fan Mail Here