Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bento on a rainy afternoon...

Another bento today, this time featuring my bigger Glass Lock box that I found at Kroger. The seal on these boxes is incredibly tight. No risk of leaks here! And they're microwave and dishwasher safe. (Not that I have a dishwasher, but that's neither here nor there, grumble grumble...)

Once again, it's a bento-o-leftovers and stuff from my fridge/pantry!

 It's raining at school, so no eating outside today. And again, I apologize for the picture. Inside lighting + cell phone = not so great picture.

More after the break...

Clockwise from the top: tangy slow cooker pork, challah bread, steamed veggies (baby carrots, broccoli, and a variety of fingerling potatoes) tossed with salt, pepper, and rosemary, purple fingerling potato leaves, half of a lemon cookie, a clementine orange, and red grapes in a mini paper cup. There's also a green, plastic divider between the pork and bread that somehow found its way into my take-out bag from a local sushi place. Might as well use it, right?

I used more mini cookie cutters for the purple potato leaves. Aren't they cute?! My mom found them for me at Michael's. I don't know if she knew they would be used for bento, but they'll be used for cookies eventually. (I promise.)

I think the colors in this bento are pretty fall-esque. What do you think?

Halloween is this weekend! Wyatt's going to be a scarecrow, if I manage to finish his costume, and I'm going to be a Merlotte's waitress. Gotta love True Blood!
- Mother Nature Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Fan Mail Here